Careers With AIFS
AIFS Stamford Office
AIFS Human Resources Assistant
The AIFS HR Department is searching for a candidate that is eager to learn the various aspects of the ever-changing human resources field. This candidate must uphold confidentiality at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Serve as first contact for all employees regarding all policies, procedures and benefits included in the Employee Handbook
- Responds to emails, voicemails and in-person requests within one business day or less
- Administer and Facilitate handbook policies and procedures (all employees including remote staff)
- Troubleshoot employee issues within Ultimate Software
- Receive, open and distribute mail
- Facilitate recruitment efforts including job descriptions, posting jobs on various job boards and researching new avenues for recruitment advertising, including job fairs and ROI reports.
- Facilitate the pre-employment process including background checks, offer letters, on-boarding and off-boarding
AYA Field Development and Operations Coordinator
AYA Field Development and Operations Coordinator Academic Year in America (AYA), a non-profit student exchange organization and program of the AIFS Foundation, is looking for the right individual to join their close-knit team. This position involves:
- Working to recruit new field staff across the U.S., screening, interviewing and vetting candidates to ensure they comply with all program and federal regulations
- Ensuring compliance by reviewing background checks, tracking and management of reports and working closely with the program compliance team
AIFS has a very competitive benefit package including deduct-a-ride, tuition reimbursement, travel credits, discounts on programs for family members, and fitness reimbursement. Opportunities for international travel.
Temporary - American Institute For Foreign Study (AIFS)
Seasonal Positions in the AIFS Stamford Office
The American Institute For Foreign Study (AIFS) facilitates international exchange and educational programs throughout the world. Some of our programs include Camp America, College Study Abroad, Academic Year in America, AuPair in America and Summer Institute for the Gifted.
We are looking for individuals to assist us in the AIFS Stamford office during our high season in administrative, customer service and sales roles. Candidates applying for our seasonal positions will need to have strong attention to detail and excellent customer service skills. Previous administrative experience is a plus. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs is a must. These positions will be required to work overtime and on weekends throughout the summer.
AIFS was nominated the the 4th best company to work for in Connecticut and offers flexibility, a casual work environment, and room for growth.
Learn More and Apply Online
Would you like to "bring the world together"? Do you have a passion for international exchange? AIFS has excellent opportunities for individuals to bring cultural exchange to their community, work from home and earn extra money. Our Au Pair and Academic Year in America programs are looking for local representatives throughout the US to work with our host families and participants. Please click the following links for further information.
Au Pair in America – Community Counselor
We are looking for a passionate and community-minded individual interested in fostering inter-cultural exchange. This position requires a self-motivated individual to serve as a local representative in the community for Au Pair in America, the oldest and most respected au pair program in the USA. As a Community Counselor with APIA, you will discuss the program with potential host parents, schedule and conduct in-home interviews, explain program regulations, evaluate suitability of host families, assist host families in evaluating and selecting au pairs, and prepare them for the arrival of their au pair. You will facilitate the host family/au pair relationship and continue to educate and regularly communicate with all participants to ensure that program regulations are followed. In order to support adjustment, you will schedule and implement monthly meetings for au pairs to socialize and explore local cultural facilities. You will schedule smaller meetings as needed in order to problem solve and encourage adherence to program regulations.
As a Community Counselor with APIA, you must be able to work independently and effectively within your local area. You must have exceptional networking, intercultural communication, and writing skills. Enthusiasm, flexibility, and innovation are necessary in your approach to problem solving. You must have a high energy level, a real passion for cultural exchange and in-depth knowledge of your community in order to advise participants of available resources. Additional requirements for the position include:
Specific Job Duties Include::
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 years work experience in communications, intercultural exchange, education, social work, family counseling and/or working with young adults preferred
- Reliable transportation
- Excellent organizational skills and computer abilities
- Ability to provide interim room and board for au pairs in case of emergencies
- Previous international study, work and/or cultural immersion experience preferred
- Community volunteering and networking experience a plus
We are also hiring Community Relations Representatives nationwide for Au Pair in America. To learn more about this position, click here.
For other questions and concerns, please contact email@example.com.
AIFS London Office
Please note: non-EU citizens applying for positions based in the UK must have a valid work permit. To apply for a position with our UK Office, please send a resume and covering letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also mail hard copies to the following address:
The HR Manager, AIFS (UK) Ltd.
37 Queen's Gate
London SW7 5HR
ACIS Boston Headquarters and Regional Office
To learn more about careers at the Boston Regional Office visit www.acis.com/why/join.
Applications for a posted position will be considered current from three months from the date AIFS receives them or the date the position is filled, whichever is earlier. Only current applicants will be considered for a position. If you would like to be considered after that three month period has passed, you must reapply.
Fax or mail your resume to the respective AIFS division if you are interested in a published position. If you are being considered for a position, you will need to complete an AIFS application for employment and return it to the hiring department. A representative of AIFS will contact you if this needs to be done.
Unfortunately, we are not able to respond to all applicants individually. Only applicants invited to interview will be contacted.
AIFS is an equal opportunity employer.