Founded in 1964, the American Institute For Foreign Study (AIFS) is one of the oldest, largest and most respected cultural exchange organizations in the world. With global offices in 6 countries, we organize cultural exchange programs for more than 50,000 participants each year. Our programs include college study abroad, au pair placement, camp counselors and staff, gifted education, college prep, high school study/travel and insurance services. Since 1964, more than 1.5 million students and teachers have participated in AIFS programs worldwide.
For over 45 years, we have been committed to cross-cultural exchange. Under the direction of founder, Sir Cyril Taylor, AIFS continues to operate its family of services, today, as a social enterprise. The group, a privately owned U.S. company with wholly owned subsidiaries, has annual revenues in excess of $180 million. As a for-profit organization, AIFS maintains a double bottom line: financial results and social outcomes. This structure ensures that we have the resources to find new and innovative ways to pursue our core mission.
As a provider of top quality programs, we pride ourselves on the high overall satisfaction ratings we receive from our customers and participants.
In 2011, AIFS was named one of the top places to work in Connecticut.
We bring the world together ®
To provide the highest quality educational and cultural exchange programs to enrich the lives of young people throughout the world.
Values we are committed to:
- Excellence in programs, operations, people
- Respect and understanding of different cultures
- Exceptional caring support for our program participants to ensure their safety and well being
- Honest, equitable and non-discriminatory treatment of program participants, partners and employees
- Technological innovation
- Teamwork and collaboration both within the organization and with partners
- Encouragement of employee initiative and professional development
- Responsible financial stewardship